Sunday 31 August 2008

Capello scores an Owen-goal

So, Capello's squad for the qualifiers - interesting stuff to say the least. People seem shocked about the inclusion of Jimmy Bullard, and the omission of a certain Michael Owen. I have to agree on both parts, though the inclusion of Bullard is one that pleases me.

He's in form, enthusiastic, and he'll care a hell of a lot more than most about putting on an England shirt than the likes of Frank 'Where's my next £120,000 contract' Lampard. It's a shame it took so many 'Big Four' midfielders getting injured for him to get his call up, which has come a few years too soon in my opinion.

However, Owen should be in there with him, purely for being the best natural goalscorer we have at our disposal the moment. And where's Dean Ashton, a man in form and scoring goals for West Ham? The lack of fire-power in the squad is just scary, and might count against us in Zagreb. We shall see.

Let's just hope Lampard actually shows some urgency for a change, and Beckham makes way for Bentley.

Then again, I'm not the manager, am I?

No comments: